LONG VOWEL INTERACTIVE JOURNAL FOR STUDENTS WITH DIFFERENT ABILITIES!
• 182 Pages!
• 1 Bonus BINGO Activity with 4 different variations for FREE
• Long A spellings-a_e, ai, -ay,
• Long E spellings- ea, ee, -ey, -y, ie,
• Long O spellings- o_e, oa, oe
• Long U spellings- (and sounds) –ew, u_e,
• Includes my Sight Word Book AND data collection materials.
• Each spelling has either a “slider” or a “wheel” for students to build their words.
• Each word also has an accompanying picture to develop meaning for the words. Students can make a visual connection between the written text and the visual icon.
• Each word also has a spelling activity that goes with it.
• Some of the activities also include puzzles for students to build words with!
I have a Master’s Degree in K-12 Adaptive Special Education and am an autism specialist. I also have a son with Down Syndrome who has struggled to learn phonics his entire school career.
As a result, I have been working to find something that “clicks” for him for years. This has been the program that has really reached him! We do this every night before he goes to bed, and for the first time in his life, he won’t let me forget his “work.” Watching him enjoy learning phonics has filled my heart with joy and I would love to share that experience with you and your students!
The spelling is set up in such a way that the students can practice tracing the correct word, close the “window” and spell the word on their own. Then they can open the “window” and check their work.
The pictures that are to be included in the Interactive Journal are full color. This is the kind of notebook that can be sent home and used both at home and at school. The student can showcase their abilities to their parents and as a teacher, it is a great tool to use for school to home communication as well as documentation for tracking IEP phonics, sight word, and spelling goals.
If you are interested in some ideas for IEP goals that may align with this program, I would be happy to help you. Contact me at Heiman.email@example.com.
These activities also set students up for success from the very beginning! Even struggling readers do not feel self conscious or hesitant to perform the activities when they have confidence that they will succeed!